Dough Bowl Candles - Mini
Please read the following Important Info...
***COVID UPDATE**** Due to current mandates from the Kentucky Governor;
* Only 8 spots are available and only the actual 8 painters will be allowed in the studio.
* 6 feet social distancing must be maintained.
* Masks are required!!!
Upon arrival and before continuing into our studio, you will be required to review and sign our workshop waiver/non-disclsure contract.
- We ask that you arrive 15 minutes prior to the start time of the workshop so that we can start on time. Anyone arriving any later than 20 minutes after the start time will not be allowed to enter the workshop and their reservation fee will NOT be refunded.
- Because of time constraints and the way our workshops are instructed, we can only allow each person to make ONE project per workshop. If there are multiple designs you'd like, we suggest finding a friend to purchase a spot and make it for you.
- Unless noted, ALL workshops are for adults only!!! You must be 18 years old to attend an adult workshop.
- The majority of our projects involve wood! As you know, no two pieces of wood are alike. Grains, texture and aging/stain is different in every piece. There will be knots, chips, cracks and other natural blemishes that will give your piece character. You will always the option to leave it in it's natural state OR paint to your style. If your project is being displayed outside or in an area prone to moisture we recommend the you protect it using a poly acrylic sealer, available at any home improvement store.
- You may be using electric sanders, cordless drills, staple/air nailers and other power tools. You will also be using sand paper, latex and chalk type paints, water based stains as well as all natural bees waxes.
- Our workshop projects are more detailed than our Take & Make kits. They require more time and guidance. Because of this, we do NOT allow workshop project materials to be taken home to be completed.
- Cancellation Policy: Due to the custom nature of ALL our workshops, there are NO REFUNDS!!!! However, if you cancel within 48 hours of the start time, your FULL reservation fee will be converted into a credit that can be used for future workshops. Same day cancellations, will not receive a studio credit. If you are a no show, you will forfeit your payment!
We just love our mini dough bowl candles poured by our favorite candle maker.
Measures: roughly 6x10"
For local pick up, please use "LOCALKY" on the last page of the check out.
We now offer no contact drive thru pick up on Fridays 11:30 - 1:00.
Properly burn and care for your candle…
- One important rule is to trim candle wicks to 1/4 inch each time before burning. This will give you a much cleaner burn.
- Always keep a burning candle within sight. Extinguish all candles when leaving a room or before going to sleep.
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch on fire. Keep burning candles away from furniture, drapes, bedding, carpets, books, paper, flammable items and decorations.
- Extinguish the flame if it comes too close to the holder or container. For a margin of safety, discontinue burning a candle when a 3/8″ wax remains in the container. This will also help prevent possible heat damage to the counter/surface and prevent glass containers from cracking or breaking.
- Keep burning candles away from drafts, vents and air currents. This will help prevent rapid, uneven burning, and smoking. Drafts can also blow lightweight curtains or papers into the flame where they could catch fire. Never burn a candle under a ceiling fan.
Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times. If left in the wax pool, they could catch fire when you next light your candle.
- Always burn candles in a well-ventilated room. Today’s newer homes are built very airtight nowadays and the air exchange rate is very low.
- Never touch or move a container candle when the wax is liquid or molten. The outside of the container will still be hot to the touch.
- Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets. Do not place lighted candles where they can be knocked over by children or pets.
Please understand these are wooden bowls made to look rustic from raw wood. Some may have knot holes, scratches, knife marks, saw blade marks, sap or minor cracks. These are not defects. These are a natural part of a bowl that has been made from raw wood. Size, color and shape will vary. We do try to minimize these for each bowl however, cannot guarantee your bowl will not have any of these character marks.